Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Native flowers

Hi everyone! 

The sun of this days has, once again, inspired a spring-looking necklace :-) . This time I decided to experiment with a technique that is quite new for me: bead embroidery. I read a couple of very good books on the topic and here you can see a more detailed post about this experience to find out everything, but now, back to the piece! 

I made this native-American inspired necklace for the January 2013 Beadaholique contest “January Gems” (you can see all the finalists here) starting from a 18x13mm carnelian cabochon. After attaching it to a Lacy’s Stiff Stuff base, I embroidered the circular motif using size 11/0 Czech seed beads, 15/0 Japanese rocailles and size B Nymo thread. I then finished sewing and Ultra Suede backing and fringes made of seed beads, round bamboo coral and 4mm fire-polished beads.  

To add a final spring touch, I decorated the pendant with Lucite flowers and made a pair of matching earrings. 

I hope you like them, and I wish you a great day full of creativity!



P.s. If you don’t want to miss any crafty project, remember to follow the blog by clicking on the “join this site” button in the right column ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment